Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Post-Interview Reflection

 I thought my interview went very well. I was able to answer the questions I was asked without going too in-depth or dragging on. I also was able to think quickly and not pull/make-up things for the questions. To prepare for my interview, I went over the resources that were provided by Dr. Lancaster. The resources that really helped me in my preparation were "Best Answers to the 11 Most Difficult Interview Questions" and "How to Answer the 31 Most Common Interview Questions". I went through these interview questions and reflected on what I would say if I were asked each question. I made a reference document to aide me in this. Having the interview was challenging because you always have to consider technical difficulties. During my interview, I had to ask for a question to be repeated twice because of this. I was also expecting to be asked more questions than I was. In a real-life interview situation, I would come with questions prepared after I had done my research on the company and position that I was interviewing for. I would like to make it known to the employer that I put effort into the interview and also that I really wanted the position. Something that I learned throughout this process was to just be yourself. Never try to make up anything that is not true and always come prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment