Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Media Project

When I was assigned an egg carton, I thought to myself, “There is no way I can create something out of that”. This project encouraged me to think outside of the box in order to create something that would be useful to my client as an intervention. The most useful things I learned from this assignment were to be creative, have an open mindset, give myself time to think and not be afraid to get crafty. For my project, I had to break out my craft box and use paint and my hot glue gun. I needed an open mindset to be able to think of something unique. I needed to give myself time to think, great ideas are not rushed! My idea took me about a week to come up with. This project really changed my mindset and my way of thinking about normal household items. I have learned so much that I did not know before. By doing this project, I was able to look at a patient’s diagnosis and their profile and design an intervention that was individualized to them. I learned just how important it is to come up with new and exciting interventions, instead of just the same things all the time. As a result of this project, I will be able to pinpoint certain aspects of a client’s profile and use it in unique ways to form a just right challenge. As a future OT, I will need to be able to modify other interventions to use on various clients. I will also need to be able to use what is available for me! I can reuse items and make them into something new, fun, and affordable. This project prepared me in so many ways and I am very thankful for the opportunity. 




No comments:

Post a Comment